At Realm Digital, we imagine, then build. We are passionate about technology and all things digital. Our mission is to deliver excellent technology, excellently by offering innovative technology and digital solutions to our clients by partnering with them.
So what are we looking for?
We're looking for a BI Developer who lives and breathes data to join our team. The position will see you design, develop and deploy BI solutions. The role will include re-engineering and optimising data enhancing our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions.
What will you be required to do?
- Create accurate and complete source to target data mappings, including all translations
- Design and develop data exploitation systems to deliver information to business users, e.g. dashboards and reports, sourcing data, mainly from various sources including Microsoft
- Design and develop efficient high volume data load strategies
- Design and develop mechanisms to ensure that data loaded and transformed is accurate and reliable
- Understand business processes and data and be able to translate requirements into technical specifications
- Find innovative solutions to solve business problems that will save the business time and money
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems with beta and new release software, and research possible solutions using the internet and other available resources
- Break complex problems down into manageable components and reduce dependencies between components by implementing interfaces
- Compile accurate system technical documentation to address the requirements
- Understand the steps required to deliver the functionality and create reliable estimates for the work to be done
- Understand dimensional modelling techniques so as to be able to differentiate between available alternatives and which are best suited to the current problem.
- Take responsibility for testing own deliverables by understanding the permutations and combinations that are required to test the work thoroughly
- Conduct systems integration testing by understanding the flow of data between system components and where data is transformed and/or translated
- Prove the accuracy of own work delivered by writing own test scripts
What skills/knowledge and experience will impress us?
- Relevant tertiary qualification in IT/IS
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience
- Good understanding with SQL Server stored procedures, SSIS, SSRS and TFS
- Experience working with a financial services or insurance house
- Analytical and an excellent communicator.
- Great business acumen and problem-solving aptitude
- Follow development best practices
- Excellent at trouble shooting technical performance issues
- Experience mentoring a team
What can you expect working at Realm Digital?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible / Remote working arrangements
- A flat organisational structure with a focus on teamwork and continuous learning
- A fast-paced and challenging environment that will keep you on your toes
- An environment where your input and ideas matter
- Monthly team events