Digital Media Sales Manager - Snapplify
At Snapplify we're increasing access to digital educational materials, and empowering educators to transform their classrooms for the 21st Century. Our digital media portfolio, focused on empowering teachers, has recently grown to include two teacher-focused online publications. Our platforms reach up to 500 000 users in thousands of educational institutions across the continent. We need a Digital Media Sales Manager to enable us to grow this newly established vertical in more than 20 territories.
Our team believes in making a real, measurable impact. We're known for being innovative, and have a hardworking team of experts who are incredible to work alongside. We move fast, with a bias towards action. If you're ambitious, driven, and like to work on big, chewy projects, then our team might just be for you.
You’ll have the opportunity to help us reach new heights, by negotiating high-value deals and developing exciting business opportunities for new revenue streams, whilst maintaining and growing existing business.
If every word of that resonates with you, then read on to find out what sort of work you might do on a daily basis:
In a typical week, you might work on...
- Setting-up and monitoring an automated pre-sales sequence to nurture leads for an in-platform digital media offering, and ensure that everything is moving forward smoothly. You’ll identify & qualify leads with serious deal potential. You’ll create new deals, capturing information based on email interaction and research, and funnel these through the deal pipeline. You’ll also review new opportunities that have been qualified by the inside sales team, searching through them for interesting high-value deal potential.
- A few high-value deals which are in the final stages of negotiation. You’ll complete some action points required to drive these forward.
- A deal which has stagnated just as the client was getting ready to sign on the dotted line. You might set up a meeting with the client, to push it over the line. You’ll use your extensive set of sales tools swiss-knife-style to pin-point and resolve the blockers, repackaging part of the deal, and getting them to sign straight-away.
- A mid-morning call set up with a key partner. You’ll have prepared a demo in advance. On the call, you’ll ask smart and insightful questions, so that you can later pin-point the advertising and promotion offerings that will appeal to them most. All the while you’ll keep detailed notes, which you’ll log diligently in the CRM as soon as your call ends.
- You might continue working on a proposal template that you began the previous week, to support the sales strategy around a new offering we are launching, and spend time working on pricing models and advertising offerings for partners who wish to offer special promotions through the Snapplify Engage marketplace.
- You’ll monitor existing campaigns using Google Ad Manager and campaign monitoring tools to give feedback to clients on the progress of their campaigns.
- Between calls and meetings, you’ll still be working closely with your incoming mails and tickets and reviewing tasks to make sure this stays within KPIs.
- Contributing to the development of the digital media sales and marketplace promotions strategy.
- Executing on the sales strategy, and managing the deal pipeline.
- Maintaining and updating client contact lists and CRM systems, and keeping on top of administrative tasks to ensure processes are streamlined.
- Actively researching and understanding the marketplace, and identifying key decision makers and sales opportunities.
- Managing negotiation of high-value deals and developing key business opportunities.
- Effective client management and maintenance of relationships.
- Making sure all campaigns are set up correctly monitored and delivered as per their booking requirements, and providing delivery reports.
- Assist in the development of effective strategies based on data-driven insights.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
5+ years' digital media sales experience.
We have not predetermined the salary for this position. We’ll work that out with you based on your skills, experience, and career path.